1) Add it to spinach wraps (To a tortilla, add this salsa, some cooked chicken and some raw spinach, some mozzarella cheese and some Caesar dressing).
2) Use it as a bruschetta base. Try adding small slices of smoked salmon (you should be able to buy this pre-smoked in some groceries) to your bruschetta. It's delicious.
3) Make a mozzarella salad. To this, add 8 oz. of pearl-sized balls of mozzarella cheese. Serve it on crackers or Melba toast or as a salad unto itself with croutons tossed on top.
4) Top a pizza crust with this mixture and mozzarella cheese to make a great homemade pizza. Get experimental and add other pizza toppings. Roasted red pepper is recommended.
5) Half the tomatoes and double amount of oil and vinegar for a fresh and delicious salad dressing
6) Add chopped black olives and toss it with a pound of cooked pasta such as farfalle, rotini or penne and top with fresh parmesan, chill and serve as a delicious pasta salad.
The possibilities are endless. We eat this blend almost once a week during the spring, summer and fall in some incarnation or another.
4 mediumchopped tomatoes
1/2 smallchopped yellow onion
1/2 smallchopped red bell pepper
1 bunchchopped fresh basil (approx. 20 leaves)
2 clovecrushed garlic
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
3 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1 Tbspchopped fresh oregano (half if using dry)
1 Tbspcoarse sea salt (to taste)
1 tspcourse ground black pepper (to taste)