Salsa contains low or no fat, is very low in calories and is can even be used as a condiment on burgers, baked potatoes, eggs and other foods. It is also delicious on chicken, seafood, and bean dishes, as well as rice! Mmmm, mmm!
- roma tomatoes (use roma — other tomatoes can be too watery)
- chopped sweet onion
- ½ – 1
- chopped green pepper
- ¼ c
- chopped jalapeño pepper (i use the kind in a jar because we always have them on hand)
- ¾ c
- 1 Tbsp
- 6oz. can hunts tomato paste w/basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley (fresh or flakes)
- 1 tsp
How to Make Homemade Salsa
- 1Wash and chop 8-10 Roma tomatoes and put them into (at least a 2 qt.) saucepan.
- 2Cook this mixture for 20 minutes.
- 3May put in hot jars and water bath if you like or may be refrigerated for up to a week.
Fill some small containers and give away or freeze some for later.
This will disappear when you bring out the tortilla chips!