Homemade Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 10-12 medium
- fresh tomatoes
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- poblano peppers
- mild hatch chiles
- 1 medium
- 1 1/2 c
- fresh corn (or frozen if no fresh available)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 c
- cilantro, fresh, chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp
- tomato paste
How to Make Homemade Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 1Char poblanos and chiles over open flame, either on your grill or a gas stove top burner until skins are black. Place them in a plastic bag and set aside.
- 2Blanch and shock tomatoes. Peel tomatoes and squeeze out seeds and juice, strain juice and save for later. Chop tomato meat and put in 2 qt. saucepan. Add strained juice back to tomatoes. Add zest and juice of lime to tomatoes. Boil over medium high heat for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Melt butter in skillet. Add onions, corn and garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes until onion is translucent and corn loses raw taste. Add beans and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- 4Remove peppers and chiles from bag. Peel off charred peelings and remove stems and seeds. Chop and add to corn mixture.