Grandma's Chili Sauce
14 lbroma tomatoes
4 cchopped celery (2 bunches)
21/2 cchopped onions
21/2 cgreen bell peppers
6 stickcinnamon sticks
41/2 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1 qtapple cider vinegar
1 Tbspdry mustard
1 tspcloves, ground
1/4 ccanning salt
How to Make Grandma's Chili Sauce
- Scald tomatoes, peel, core, and cut into chunks.
- Put in large kettle, cook 15 minutes.
- Drain off half of the juice (appproximately 6 cups).
- Aff celery, onion, and green peppers. Simmer 11/2 hours.
- Tie cinnamon sticks in a cheese cloth.
- Addcinnamon sticks with brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, cloves, and salt.
- Continue cooking another 11/2 hours, or until thick consistency.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Fill hot pint jars.
- Process 15 minutes in hot water bath. Remove from bath and place on towel to let bottles dry and cool.