★★★★★ 1 vote5
10-15plum tomatoes, diced
2 bunchscallions, chopped
3cubanelle peppers (italian frying peppers), chopped fine
2 can(s)black olives, chopped
1/2 cdiced jalepenos
2 Tbspdiced garlic
1/4 cred wine vinegar
How to Make Fresh salsa
- Wash and prep ingredients as stated in ingredients list. I have used my pampered chef hand chopper for this and it works well.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Refrigerate overnight. Do a taste test and add more jalapenos, garlic, or vinegar as you desire. Depending on who this is for, I often add 1/8 to 1/4 cup of the jalapeno liquid that is in the jar.
- Serve with tortilla chips or veggies. This also works really well on top of cooked chicken or fish, or when added to a green salad. Enjoy!
- Substitutions: You can use 2 cans diced green chilies in place of the peppers. I like the peppers because it gives the salsa some crunch.