Fastest Salsa In The West
How to Make Fastest Salsa In The West
- 1Roast tomato halves in a baking pan at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (you may need two pans).
- 2Cool, drain, and discard any clear juices in bottom of pan.
- 3In two batches, place cooled tomato halves in food processor or blender and roughly puree; do not over-process.
- 4Add pieces of jalapeno while processing second batch, pulsing on and off.
- 5Place tomato-pepper puree in a wide, 4-quart saucepan with garlic, onions, chili powder, cumin and vinegar.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes, then taste, add more seasonings and salt, if desired.
- 7Refrigerate or freeze.