Deb's Homemade Fresh Salsa
- diced tomatoes
- 1 large
- green pepper diced
- 1 large
- sweet onion diced
- 1 small
- red onion diced
- 3 oz
- can of diced green chiles
- a bunch of cilantro cleaned well and chopped fine
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic salt
- jalepenos cooked and chopped small more if you want spicier
How to Make Deb's Homemade Fresh Salsa
- 1Mix the first 7 ingredients together
- 2Cilantro, remove as many of the leaves from the coarse stems and fold everything into a small ball and begin to chop continuously folding the leaves into a ball to chop again. Or you can process the leaves in a food processor lightly, be careful, you want them to still look like chopped up leaves. Add them to the mix.
- 3Jalepenos...You can use the ones from a can or jar but it changes the taste. I prefer to buy a few jalapenos, put them in a pot with a tight fitting cover, bring then to a boil covered and turn off the heat. Let the pot cool. If you get Jalapeno steam in your eyes it will burn like crazy. I usually do this the day before.
- 4After the Jalpenos are cooked, remove seeds and chop(use gloves). Add a teaspoon at a time to the mixture and taste so you don't over do it.
- 5Most versatile salsa ever. On a diet? eat with celery sticks, Breakfast? Pile it high on a cheese omelet. Top a plate of Nachos with this or try a Stir fry of zucchini in a little oil and add a cup to the mix. Want a burrito? Marinate your flank steak in the juice produced by the tomatoes! Or just pour yourself a Margarita and break out the chips! Salud!!