Cilantro Lime Salsa
For dippers, you can try my Baked Pita Triangles, or use vegetable chips. Slice carrots, zucchini, and Jicama very thin on the diagonal for something that is shaped like a potato chip and will hold dip. Celery also works.
- 2 can(s)
- fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped fine
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- cilatnro, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp
- lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- chili peppers, your choice, seeded and finely chopped
How to Make Cilantro Lime Salsa
- 1Drain tomatoes well, reserving juice. In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Add back some of the tomato juice to make salsa the consistency you prefer.
- 2You may also puree half the salsa and add back to the rest, for a smoother consistency.
- 3Great served over chicken or fish, fajitas, chili, and of course as a dip.
- 4Variation: add 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed, and 1 can white shoepeg corn, drained and rinsed. This makes a hearty bean and corn salsa.