Better For You Salsa Verde
1 1/2 lbtomatillos
1/2 cchopped white onion
1/2 cfresh cilantro
1 Tbspfresh lime juice
1/4 tspsplenda or truvia
2jalapeno peppers or serrano peppers chopped, stemmed and seeded.
·mrs.dash garlic and herb seasoning to taste.
How to Make Better For You Salsa Verde
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and rinse.
- Cut the tomatillos in half and place onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Put the sheet under the broiler
for 7 minutes to roast and slightly blacken the skin. Roasting imparts a heartier flavor to the salsa than boiling.
- Place the tomatillos and other ingredients (except the seasoning) into a food processor and pulse until chopped and mixed thoroughly.
- Finely, season to taste with Mrs. Dash and refrigerate until cool.
- Coma Caluroso! (Eat heartily!)