Better For You Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 lb
- 1/2 c
- chopped white onion
- 1/2 c
- fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp
- splenda or truvia
- jalapeno peppers or serrano peppers chopped, stemmed and seeded.
- mrs.dash garlic and herb seasoning to taste.
How to Make Better For You Salsa Verde
- 1Remove the husks from the tomatillos and rinse.
- 2Cut the tomatillos in half and place onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Put the sheet under the broiler
for 7 minutes to roast and slightly blacken the skin. Roasting imparts a heartier flavor to the salsa than boiling.
- 3Place the tomatillos and other ingredients (except the seasoning) into a food processor and pulse until chopped and mixed thoroughly.
- 4Finely, season to taste with Mrs. Dash and refrigerate until cool.
- 5Coma Caluroso! (Eat heartily!)