By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Basic Salsa
- 1Drop the garlic into a small saucepan of boiling water. Let boil, uncovered, over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- 2Drain well, then mince. Place the minced garlic in a medium sized bowl and mix in the tomatoes, onion, coriander, lime juice and salt.
- 3Cover with plastic food wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 4Transfer the mixture to a 1 quart preserving jar.
Keeps in the refrigerator for 10 days.
- 5VARIATION: 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh, minced may be used in place of coriander, fresh, minced.
- 6VARIATION: RED HOT SALSA
Increase the garlic to 2 cloves, the lime juice to 1 1/2 tablespoons, and add 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce. Proceed as directed.