Irisa Raina 9
Rinsing the chopped onions takes some of the bite out of them. Just make sure you drain them very well so the salsa does not get soggy.
As for the jalapenos if you like it hotter, leave the seeds and the veins in both of them. If you like it milder remove them from both.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 roma tomatoes “scooping the insides out”
- 2 large jalapenos “ 1 seeded & deveined ~ 1 not “
- 1 cup frozen corn “ uncooked “
- 1 ~ 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained thoroughly
- 1 can dole pineapple slices in syrup
- ¼ of a red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ lime for juice
How to Make Avocadoooo’licous salsa
- 2Do not eliminate the grilling of the pineapples. Doing this brings out the natural sweetness, and adds a smokiness.
- 3In a large bowl do the following, and add to the bowl:
- 4Cut the tomatoes in ½ , scoop out the insides and chop into small pieces.
- 5Cut the jalapeno peppers in ½ , remove the seeds and vein of one of the peppers and chop into small pieces. With the other pepper chop it with the seeds and the vein. WEAR GLOVES IF YOU FEEL THE NEED.
- 6Add the corn to the bowl.
- 7Drain the beans and rinse them, drain them thoroughly, add to the bowl.
- 8Mince the red onion and soak in cold water for about 5 minutes, drain thoroughly add to the bowl.
- 9Chop the cooled pineapples and add to the bowl.
- 10Add the salt.
- 11Cut the avocados in ½ and remove the seed. Scoop the buttery deliciousness’ of the avocado on to a chopping block and cut into small pieces. Add to the bowl.
- 12You'll want to wait till all the ingredients are in the bowl before you cut the avocado. That way it won't have a chance to turn brown.
- 13Squeeze ½ of the lime over the salsa and toss gently. Taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.