3 Amigos Salsa (Compliments of JJ, Howie & Geno)
This salsa can be served with corn tortilla chips, as a compliment to any meat or fish dish or with an omelet. The choices are endless.
To cool down the salsa either reduce the amount of seeds from the peppers or do not add any seeds for a mild flavor.
A pear? In salsa?! You bet your bippy! The hint of sweetness from the pear really makes this salsa special.
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!]
- tomatilloes, fresh
- green tomato, fresh
- red vine ripe tomatoes, fresh
- jalapenos, fresh
- serano pepper, fresh
- 1 medium
- red onion
- 1 small
- white onion
- red pear, fresh
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro, fresh
- juice of lime, fresh
- zest of lime, fresh
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make 3 Amigos Salsa (Compliments of JJ, Howie & Geno)
- 1Dice all vegetables or if desired, chop in blender
- 2Add the juice from the limes, lime zest, and mix thoroughly.
- 3Stir in the EVOO until thoroughly mixed.
- 4Add salt & pepper to taste