Yellow Squash Relish
How to Make Yellow Squash Relish
- 1Shred squash, onions, and both peppers into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add all salt and enough water to cover. Let stand in refrigerator 1 hour.
- 3Drain-strain and rinse quickly under cold water. Drain well.
- 4In a large pot, combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
- 5Let stand 3 minutes, add vegetables and stir.
- 6Return to boil - reduce heat to low and simmer 4-5 minutes.
- 7Allow to cool; can or refrigerate as desired.