Skorthalia - Greek Garlic Sauce
Great with hot or cold seafood. It is also wonderful on fried or boiled vegetables. We hope you will enjoy this tasty tasty sauce.
- 6 garlic cloves
- salt, coarse
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 slices stale/dry white bread
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, good quality
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white
- black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Skorthalia - Greek Garlic Sauce
- 1In a mortar and pestle pound the garlic with 1/2 tsp salt, until smooth.
- 2Add the potatoes and continue to pound and stir with pestle, until smooth.
- 3Next soak the bread in cold water and squeeze dry. Crusts should be removed.
- 4Add to the potatoes and garlic, pounding and stirring until smooth.
- 5Gradually add olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar, stirring vigorously.
- 6When smooth and light, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Chill in a covered bowl before using.