Skorthalia - Greek Garlic Sauce
Great with hot or cold seafood. It is also wonderful on fried or boiled vegetables. We hope you will enjoy this tasty tasty sauce.
·6 garlic cloves
·1 cup mashed potatoes
·2 slices stale/dry white bread
·1⁄3 cup olive oil, good quality
·1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
·1 tablespoon vinegar, white
·black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Skorthalia - Greek Garlic Sauce
- In a mortar and pestle pound the garlic with 1/2 tsp salt, until smooth.
- Add the potatoes and continue to pound and stir with pestle, until smooth.
- Next soak the bread in cold water and squeeze dry. Crusts should be removed.
- Add to the potatoes and garlic, pounding and stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar, stirring vigorously.
- When smooth and light, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in a covered bowl before using.