Salted Caramel Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cheavy cream
3/4 tspcoarse sea salt
How to Make Salted Caramel Sauce
- Slightly warm the cream in glass measuring cup in the microwave and set aside
- In large saucepan, add sugar, honey and water. Stir. Then cook over medium-high heat, stirring gently until sugar dissolves and mixture bubbles.
- Stop stirring. Let mixture boil without stirring until it starts to darken in color - it should look like honey! This may take longer than expected! Watch closely and remove from heat when the color gets to be a medium honey color.
- Slowly, pour in the warmed cream and stir to mix together. Add butter and salt, stir. Then finally stir in vanilla.
- After sauce cools, it can be stored in the refrigerator for about a month. Warm in the microwave before serving.