Salad Dressing - Hot Bacon
·4 slices bacon, crisped and chopped, save drippings
·1 large egg
·1/4 + 1 tbsp sugar, white
·1 tbsp flour
·1/2 - 1 tsp salt
·1/4 tsp black pepper
·1/4 cup vinegar, apple cider or white
·1/2 cup milk
·1/2 cup water
How to Make Salad Dressing - Hot Bacon
- Crisp up your bacon and crumble or chop the bacon and set aside until needed.
Reserve the bacon drippings.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar into the egg, beating well then add the vinegar, water and milk and set aside until needed.
- To make a roux - Stir the flour into the bacon grease and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Carefully add the reserved liquid mixture, stir well and cook over a medium low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and cook for 1 more minute, taste to add pepper and salt if necessary, than serve.