- cloves of garlic
- dried red chilis (california type)
- dried new mexico dried chilis
- brine from boiled pork or water
- * ca chilies are light red and nm chilis are dark red
How to Make Red Sauce
- 1Remove chili seeds and stems. Rinse chilies in water. Add rinsed chilies to a pot and cover with pork brine or water. Boil, turn off heat and let soak until soft and ready to use. In a blender combine soaked chilies, brine or water, garlic and salt. Strain blended ingredients over a bowl and add add ingredients that did not strain back into the blender with more chilies brine or water, garlic and salt. Be careful not to make the sauce too watery.