Mandarin Orange Dust
If you don't like the taste of bitter orange rinds at all this recipe may not be for you.. It is a little bitter but the possibilities of use are endless!
- mandarin oranges or cuties
- 1-2 tsp
- salt (optional)
How to Make Mandarin Orange Dust
- 1preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with wax paper or silpat.
- 3Using a mandolin or very sharp knife slice the oranges as thin as possible. You should get around ten slices per orange.
- 4Spread the orange slices out in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 200 degrees for 2 to 3 hours depending on how thin your oranges were cut. Don't let them get too brown or they will taste burnt. They should be brittle when done but not burnt.
- 6When the oranges are done break them up and grind them in a spice grinder along with the sugar and salt (if using).
- 7Store in an airtight container.