Lemon Cream Sauce For Vegetables
This yummy sauce is great on any vegetable, but especially on green vegetables. You just may get your kids (or husband, or yourself!) to eat broccoli or brussel sprouts with this sauce!
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 and 1/4 c
- vegetable cooking liquid (or water or chicken stock)
- egg yolk
- juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
- chopped green onions, optional
How to Make Lemon Cream Sauce For Vegetables
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then take the pan off the heat. Stir in the flour and gradually stir in 1 and 1/4 cup of the vegetable cooking liquid (or water or chicken stock). Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 2Beat the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce. Remove the sauce from heat and add in the egg mixture.
- 3Stir in the cream. Keep the sauce warm, but do not allow to boil, or the egg and cream may curdle. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
Sprinkle with chopped green onions, if desired.
Serve over your favorite vegetable.