Save wine bottles with corks. Or buy bottled from the dollar stores like in my picture.
How to Make Infused Oils
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Pour oil into a baking safe bowl with cover. Put cloves into oil.
- 3Place herbs in cheese cloth (optional) and drop in oil.
- 4Cover bowl & bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven. DO NOT over bake. Garlic should be tender and not brown.
- 5Cool oil uncovered for 1 hour. Remove cloves & herbs from oil. Strain oil in fine strainer & pour into bottles. Store out of sunlight or heat.NOTE: If oil should become cloudy, re-bake for 5 minutes or until clear again.
- 6BONUS: Remove garlic pulp from skins. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Use this garlic in your recipes!
- 7HINTS & TIPS: Be creative! Make without any herbs (just garlic) or make with garlic and any favoriate herb. Use infused oil in cooking to spark up your recipes or use as a dip for fresh french bread.
For HOT peppered oil use garlic and 2-3 tbs. dried red pepper and seeds.
I give decorated bottles for gifts with a coupon. If they return the bottle cleaned, they get a free refill.