How to Roast a Pumpkin to Make Canned Pumpkin
I ended up with 8 jars of pumpkin for $3.50, the price of the pumpkin.
I leave it unseasoned so that it may be utilized in whatever recipe you see fit.
How to Make How to Roast a Pumpkin to Make Canned Pumpkin
- 1Cut your pumpkin into sections. Remove the seeds and scrape the insides.
- 2Rub the inside of the pumpkin with oil. Then place in a high lipped pan for the oven INSIDE FACE DOWN.
- 3Then pour about 2-4 cups of water into the bottom of the pan. Depending on the length of your pan.
- 5Then allow to cool to warm. Remove the skin.
- 7I got about 6-8 spaghetti sauce sized jars from one pumpkin.
- 8Can using either the pressure or water bath canning process.