☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspolive oil
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1/4 cchili powder
16 ozchicken stock
10 oztomato puree
1 tsporegano, dried
1 tspground cumin
How to Make Enchilada Sauce
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil.
- Make a roux by adding flour and cook, whisking for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the chili powder and cook briefly (30 seconds or so).
- Whisk in the chicken stock, tomato puree, oregano and cumin and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes, lid askew, until flavors have a chance to meld, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and garlic powder, if desired.