Creamy Spinach Sauce
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 stickbutter or margarine
2 Tbspwondra flour
2cloves, minced garlic
1 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
1/3 jar(s)tostitos creamy spinach dip
·a little fresh grated nutmeg
How to Make Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook on medium for three to four minutes. It will start of clump together and the butter will separate from the lumps a bit when it is cooked enough. Do not brow. Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and bring to a low boil. Add the cream and continue to boil gently. Stir in the spinach dip. Grate some fresh nutmeg (about an 1/8 teaspoon) and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve on your favorite pasta. Or add your favorite grated cheese (2 or 3 cups) and mix with elbow macaroni. Top with your favorite mac and cheese topping and bake at 350 for half an hour.
- You can also serve this over chicken or turkey.