Stovetop, Countrystyle Ribs, Iris
6countrystyle pork rib pieces, about 1" thick
3 Tbspminced garlic
3 Tbsponion powder
2 Tbspfresh ground black pepper
3 Tbspemeril's essence seasoning
3 Tbspa-1 sweet mesquite rub
2 Tbspfamous daves' rib rub
1 1/2 capple juice (your brand)
How to Make Stovetop, Countrystyle Ribs, Iris
- Gather your ingredients. Prick your ribs with a fork and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a 1 gallon ziploc bag and seal. Shake well to coat meat and place in a pyrex dish in the fridge overnight.
- Remove ribs from marinade, and let them come up to temperature, about 30 minutes. Heat a skillet on the stove top til almost smoking. Coat bottom of skillet with vegetable oil and brown ribs on both sides long enough for a crust to form.
- Remove ribs from skillet after well browned to a plate. Add marinade to the skillet, and reduce heat to a simmer. Return ribs to the skillet and cover with well fiiting lid.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes, turning once. Check the thickness of the sauce, if it starts to stick scrape skillet well. Add half cup of sauce and half a cup of water. Turn off heat and let sit 10 minutes. Then serve with your choice of sides.
- Note: I DON'T ADVISE RINSING YOUR MEAT. I RECENTLY SAW ON THE VIEW THAT THE SPLASHING WATER ONLY HELPS SPREAD POSSIBLE CONTAMINATES, AND IF YOU COOK IT LONG ENOUGH, YOU WILL KILL SALMONELLA, E COLI, ECT. BUT USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION!!