Spicy Stir Fry Sauce
2/3 csoy sauce, low sodium
1/2 cchicken broth
1/3 crice wine
3 1/2 Tbspsugar
1 Tbspsesame oil
1 Tbsphoisin sauce
2 tspgarlic chili sauce
1/4 tspwhite pepper
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspgarlic, minced
1 tspminced ginger
2 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Spicy Stir Fry Sauce
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, broth, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil, white pepper, hoisin sauce and garlic chili sauce.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
- Heat a pan over high heat; add the cooking oil, swirling to coat; add the garlic and ginger (I like to use ginger paste (found in produce refrigerator section, lasts a long time and tastes great); cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Add to stir-fry vegetables and chicken, steak or seafood. Freezes well in small zip lock bags, next time you make stir fry, just pull out a small frozen bag and add to stir-fry.