☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
20 largeshrimp, peeled and deveined
3green onions, finely chopped
3 mediumcloves garlic, minced
2 Tbspfresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
·bamboo or metal skewers for grilling
How to Make Shrimp Marinade
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the shrimp in a non-reactive bowl.
- Put the cleaned shrimp in a large plastic zipper bag and add the marinade. Shake it gently to make sure all the shrimp is covered with marinade. Let sit for 15 minutes or so while you preheat the grill.
- If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in water first so they won't catch fire on the grill. Skewer the shrimp, leaving a bit of space in between each one.
- Grill shrimp 2-3 minutes per side until they firm but not overcooked.
- OPTIONAL - If you would like extra sauce, cook any leftover marinade from the bag in a skillet until it comes to a simmer. Add a teaspoon or so of sweet, unsalted butter and stir until it melts. Pour over cooked shrimp.