Citrus marinade with honey & lime
Irisa Raina 9
Because of the honey, you’ll have to watch it closely so it won’t burn before what ever you are BBQ-ing is done, I like my chicken a little charred so I left mine on a wee bit longer than my husbands.
If you don’t have dry mustard, you can use regular mustard tasting it as you go along. I like the dry mustard because it has just that kick to give it another level of flavor.
Of course you can use it for any poultry, meat or fish.
I served this with my Polynesian corn recipe "posted on here "
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 cup honey
- zest from 4 limes
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice ‘please don’t use that nasty bottled stuff “
- 5 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
How to Make Citrus marinade with honey & lime
- 2Place the chicken on the grille and do the indirect cooking method. Once the chicken is almost done, brush each piece with the reserved liquid. Continue cooking.