Sugar Free Strawberry Freezer Jam
Now, I happen to use only Stevia in our house but Splenda or any other brand can be used as well.
This recipe can be used with other fruits. Peaches have a few added steps if you choose to make jam with them.
Here is a website for the conversions of how many jars you would like to make. In case you want to do less that is.
I hope that you will enjoy this very easy recipe and the light and fresh tasting Strawberry Freezer Jam.
P.S. - It is important that you follow the measurements exactly or else your jam may not set up properly. It will still taste good but not gel.
- 4 c
- prepared strawberries, cut up and mashed
- 5 Tbsp
- ball brand - realfruit instant pectin
- 40 pkg
- truvia sugar substitute
- 1 2/3 c
- granulated sugar or if using splenda no calorie sweetener, granulated
FOR OTHER SUGARS
How to Make Sugar Free Strawberry Freezer Jam
- 2Wash off strawberries in cool water and then place on a paper towel covered tray. Hull the strawberries and then slice them into a bowl. Now mash them with a potato masher for a few minutes until desired consistency. (I have read that some people choose to chop them in a food processor, but we like ours a little more chunky).
- 5Ladle jam into clean freezer jars and let stand 30 minutes. (If any jam gets on the sides of the jars, clean them off before placing into the freezer.) Now, you can place them into freezer or enjoy a jar of strawberry freezer jam now.
When filling jars, leave about 1/2 inch headspace to allow for food expansion during freezing.