Pineapple Jalapeno Habanero Spread
- 1 can(s)
- crushed pineapple 20 oz can in 100% juice
- 10 medium
- jalapeno's peppers fresh ( i use 5 green and 5 of the red ones for color)
- 3 medium
- habanero pepper, fresh
- 1 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 6 c
- 1 pkg
- liquid fruit pectin 6oz (both pouches)
How to Make Pineapple Jalapeno Habanero Spread
- 1Sterilize and prepare pint canning jars and lids as directed.
- 2Cut stems off of Jalapeno's. (Be sure to wear plastic gloves.) Cut the Jalapeno's in thirds or quarters. Put cut up Jalapeno's in food processor.
- 3Cut stems off of Habanero peppers and remove seeds. (Be sure to wear plastic gloves. Habanero peppers can burn your skin) Add to food processor.
Chop into small pieces.
- 4In a heavy 6 quart pan add 6 cups sugar and 1 cup apple cider vinegar, and the 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in juice to pan. Stir over med heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 5Once sugar is dissolved add Pepper mixture. Bring to a rolling boil that you can not stir down for 10 minutes
- 6Turn off heat and let cool for ten minutes.
- 7Add 6oz or two pouches of the liquid pectin. Bring back up to a rolling boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 8Ladle into jars. I use the hot water bath process. Some people just put the lids turn the jars upside down and the lids seal either way.
- 9t takes about 24 hours for the spread to finish thickening. Not quite as thick as your standard jelly.
- 10Be creative, this has so many versatile uses.