Peach Habanero Basil Freezer Jam
I tried searching for a recipe for freezer jam and what to do with these three and couldn't find it, so I just put them together. No cooking just finely chopping the basil and habanero and putting them in with the peaches. My husband and I really enjoy the sweet heat that you get with this jam.
Well, I hope you try it out and let me know what you think.
P.S. I love freezer jam because the fruit is not cooked nor anything else. It is a fresher taste and brighter in color when you make freezer jam.
- 5 c
- fresh peaches, peeled and pitted; finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp
- ball realfruit instant pectin
- 2 c
- granulated sugar or splenda no calorie sweetener, granulated
- 3 Tbsp
- bottled lemon juice, use only with peaches
- 6 - 8 large
- fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 - 4 small
- habanero pepper, fresh, finely chopped
How to Make Peach Habanero Basil Freezer Jam
- 4I might add that after having the jam on toast and with some tortilla chips who needs a doctor? It must kill any intestinal yuckies you might have. LOL...Wheewww Weeee.....HOT, HOT, Hot...Did I mention HOT??? LOL
Not only do you get some heat in your mouth but your whole body too. This would be good to eat on a cold night to warm you up. LOL....
The body heat will last at least an hour if not longer. You kinda feel like you might have "fire breath" or at least some smoke should be coming out from somewhere. ROFL