Jalapeno Ginger Jelly
The unique mix of jalapeno and ginger is unexpected, but lovely!
Try this one over cream cheese with crackers! YUMM
How to Make Jalapeno Ginger Jelly
- 1In a large pot of simmering water, sterilize enough preserve jars to hold 48 ounces in water until you are ready to use them.
- 2Place jalapenos, ginger and 1 cup apple cider vinegar in a blender and blend until VERY fine.
- 3In large pot, place the mixture plus remaining vinegar and all of the sugar. Mix well and bring to full boil until mixture cannot be stirred down (about 8-12 minutes) and continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, Place lids and rings in large bowl and pour boiling water over them. Set aside until ready to use.
- 5Remove jelly mixture from heat and add both pectin packets, blending between each addition. Return to heat and bring back to boil and continue boiling for an additional minute.
- 6Remove jars from water and place on towel. Using a funnel and large ladle, transfer mixture into jars and fill just to the bottom screw band on the jar. Once all jars are full, wipe the rim of the jars to ensure a good seal. Place lids and rings on jars, tighten fingertip tight.
- 7Place the jars back into the hot water bath for about 5-10 minutes. Remove and place back on towel, inverted, for 10 minutes. Turn jars right side up.
DO NOT use aluminum pot for cooking jelly.
DO NOT over tighten the jar rings or the seal will not take.
DO NOT skip wiping the rim, even if you think you did not get any jelly on the rim. Even a tiny bit will cause the jar to not seal.
Once you turn the jars upright, you will hear loud popping noises. This is normal and indicated that the jar is sealed.