Hot Pepper Jelly
- 3/4 c. bell pepper (green or red, your choice)
- 1/4 c. jalapeno peppers (can adjust to your liking
- 1 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 6 c. sugar
- 1 (4-oz) pkg. certo
- 4 drops food coloring (green or red)
How to Make Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1Very finely chop peppers (food processor works great for this).
- 2Mix peppers, sugar and vinegar in a large saucepan on medium/low heat. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat. I usually very quickly skim some of the pepper peeling pieces from the top at this point. It makes the jelly prettier.
- 3Add Certo and food coloring. Stir until jelly starts to thicken.
- 4Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.