Honey Vanilla Rose Marsala Wine Jelly
The recipe renders one cup of jelly.
1/2 cdried rose petals
5 Tbspwildflower honey
1 Tbspmadagascar vanilla
3 Tbspcoconut sugar or dark brown sugar
1/2 tspdark molasses
1 1/2 Tbspsure gel
How to Make Honey Vanilla Rose Marsala Wine Jelly
- In a sauce pan, add water and rose petals. I only use petals from my garden which haven't any pesticides. You can all purchase some from a nature store which are intended for a culinary purpose.
- Bring to a boil and continue until water level has reduced to half.
- Strain out petals. Return rose water to sauce pan.
- Add wine. Boil until reduced by a third. This should be about two cups liquid.
- Add vanilla, coconut sugar, molasses, and honey. Maintain a rolling boil while briskly whisking for 3 minutes.
- While whisking at a boil, add sure gel. Continue to whisk at this temperature for another two minutes.
- Lower heat to simmer. Allow to reduce until liquid is about one cup.
- Pour into a sterilized jar. Place lid on tightly. Invert jar upsidedown for 5 minutes. Then upright, and place in dark cabinet undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Serve. Refrigerate after opening.