Honey Vanilla Rose Marsala Wine Jelly
The recipe renders one cup of jelly.
- 4 c
- 1/2 c
- dried rose petals
- 5 Tbsp
- wildflower honey
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- madagascar vanilla
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- dark molasses
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sure gel
How to Make Honey Vanilla Rose Marsala Wine Jelly
- 1In a sauce pan, add water and rose petals. I only use petals from my garden which haven't any pesticides. You can all purchase some from a nature store which are intended for a culinary purpose.
- 2Bring to a boil and continue until water level has reduced to half.
- 3Strain out petals. Return rose water to sauce pan.
- 4Add wine. Boil until reduced by a third. This should be about two cups liquid.
- 5Add vanilla, coconut sugar, molasses, and honey. Maintain a rolling boil while briskly whisking for 3 minutes.
- 6While whisking at a boil, add sure gel. Continue to whisk at this temperature for another two minutes.
- 7Lower heat to simmer. Allow to reduce until liquid is about one cup.
- 8Pour into a sterilized jar. Place lid on tightly. Invert jar upsidedown for 5 minutes. Then upright, and place in dark cabinet undisturbed for 24 hours.
- 9Serve. Refrigerate after opening.