Habenero Gold Jam
Text copyright 2006 Jarden Corp.
I made this and after tasting,and made 2 more batches.
We recently had another couple over and I had a cheese tray. It was served over an 8 oz block of cream cheese (how simple is that) with crispy wheat crackers.
We woofed the whole thing down, and I made ANOTHER batch.
The picture is my own, see how pretty it is?
1/3 cfinely diced dried apricots
3/4 cwhite vinegar
1/4 cred onion, finely chopped
1/4 cred bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 chabenero peppers, seeded and finely chopped
3 cgranulated sugar
3 ozpackage liquid pectin
How to Make Habenero Gold Jam
- In a large deep stainless steel saucepan combine apricots and vinegar. Cover and let stand 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare canner, jars and lids per instructions. The book has a good instructions pg 415.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Place jars in canner and process 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 half pint jars (8 ounce). The jar in the picture is Ball's collection elite brushed silver design wide mouth jars