GRANDMA'S POMEGRANATE JELLY
How to Make GRANDMA'S POMEGRANATE JELLY
- 1Peel, separate and crush or run through the food mill the edible portion of 8 to 10 fully ripe pomegranates. Do not remove seeds.
- 2Simmer in saucepan with a small amount of water until seeds loosen, about 10 minutes.
- 3Place in a jelly bag and squeeze out juice or strain through 8 to 10 thicknesses of cheesecloth. Obtain 3 1/4 cups juice.
- 4Add pectin to juice and heat to boiling in a quart size saucepan. When it comes to a boil, put in sugar. Then bring to a fully rolling boil and boil for exactly 4 minutes.
- 5Remove from the fire. Stir and skim for 5 minutes while jelly cools slightly.
- 6Pour into prepared jelly glasses. Seal with paraffin.