First Place Blackberry Freezer Jam!
1/4 cfreshly squeezed lemon juice
11.75 ounce box sure gel pectin ( the yellow box)
1 clight corn syrup
4 cwhite sugar
1 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
How to Make First Place Blackberry Freezer Jam!
- In a large saucepan off the stove, mix blackberries and lemon juice. Sift in the pectin while stirring.
- Medium simmer for 30 minutes and stir every few minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn syrup. Place pan back on heat and gradually stir in sugar. Cook on medium heat 2 -5 minutes, making sure sugar is fully dissolved. Don"t cook any longer or it will be runny.
- Place jam into clean jars or other containers and place in fridge or freezer. ( I noticed the jam improved in flavor after the flavors had time to mature for a day or two)
- Jam is good three weeks in fridge and six months in freezer.