Crock Pot Apple Butter
Anna Mae Kantor
I've made it several times and gave it away as little gifts to my neighbors and friends and they loved it.
It is so easy to make and so very tasty. Tastes just like the stuff you buy in the store -- only better.
- 2 qt
- 1 lb
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cloves
How to Make Crock Pot Apple Butter
- 1Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- 2Put all ingredients into crock pot and stir to blend well.
- 3Cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Then turn to LOW and cook for 15 hours--stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn on the outside edge.
- 4While hot, I put it in sterilized canning jelly jars, wiped the rims off, and sealed it tightly. As it's cooling the jars seal and it keeps for a very long time without being refrigerated.
- 5Once a jar has been opened, refrigerate.
- 6Good served on toast in the morning or on top of cottage cheese as a side dish.
- 7Enjoy !!