Crock Pot Apple Butter
- 4 - granny smith apples, 4 - mcintosh apples, peeled and cubed
- 4 c
- cinnamon to taste, about 6 tsp.
- 1 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp
- 6 - 7
- 8 oz. canning jars, lids and rings, sterilized
How to Make Crock Pot Apple Butter
- 1Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce to low. Cook for approximately 5 hours, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft and dark golden brown. Puree in a blender, then add back to crock pot. Mix well, cook until thick.
- 2Spoon into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 3/4 inch headspace. Using a plastic knife, poke apple butter in jars to remove air bubbles. Wipe rims of jars with a wet paper towel. Secure with lids and rings.
- 3Place in boiling water bath, making sure jars are covered with water by about 3 inches. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Set on towel to cool. You will hear the "pop" almost immediately. Check the seals to make sure they are sealed. Let cool. Enjoy!!