Cranberry Orange Jam with Crystallized Ginger
This is one amazing jam recipe and packed, I mean to tell you packed with flavor! My husband & I both love it. I look forward to passing them out for gifts this Sunday for Easter. I love the cranberry, orange, ginger and the cinnamon flavors all together. It is just lovely and beautiful in color too. I will be making another batch tomorrow.
I found this recipe at Serious Eats.com and it is spot on. Pictures are all mine.
- 2 medium
- thin-skinned juice oranges (i used valencia)
- 3 c
- cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium
- cinnamon stick
- 1 3/4 oz
- one package regular fruit pectin
- 1/2 tsp
- unsalted butter or salted
- 4 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- chopped crystallized ginger
How to Make Cranberry Orange Jam with Crystallized Ginger
- 6Sprinkle the pectin over the cranberry mixture and stir to combine. Next, stir in the butter and return the mixture to a boil. Add the 4 cups of sugar and stir well and return again to a boil. Boil hard for one minute. Remove the pot from the heat. Discard your cinnamon stick from mixture and stir in your crystallized ginger.
- 7Woohoo, now you are ready fill your jars. Ladle the hot jam into hot sterilized jars. Leave at least 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims of the jars with a wet hot paper towel getting any excess jam off the rim. Cover with lids, and screw the bands on until fairly tight. Place jars back in the large pot and make sure they are covered completely with water. Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 9Wow, second batch of jam I ran out of cranberries and only had 1 cup. Went looking for some at the stores and none were to be found. Well, I decided 1 more orange, along with 1 cup of cranberries and 1 cup of fresh pineapple might work.
I tried some liquid pectin instead of dry and it didn't seem to start to thicken the jam at all, so I added a box of dry pectin and Thank the Lord the jam jelled up. Wheeewwwh it was a trial and error but thankfully turned out and it is tasty too.
So instead of 3 cups of cranberries it was 1 cup orange, 1 cup cranberries and 1 cup pineapple.
- 10I sent Sherri a jar of jam and she made these incredible wings w/it. I've made the recipe and it is delicious. So honored that she would use my jam in a unique way.
Here is the link:Kim B's Spicy Grilled Asian Jammin' Wings