Christmas Morning Jam
The curry powder is my addition and I love it but not everyone does. Trust me, the jam is great without it. So make this jam the way you like it.
- 1 can(s)
- (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 1 jar(s)
- (6 oz.) maraschino cherries, drained and cut up (reserve 1/3 c. syrup)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) dried apricots, cut into fourths
- 1/4 c
- 3 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- sweet curry powder, optional
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- pouch (3 oz.) liquid fruit pectin
How to Make Christmas Morning Jam
- 1Heat pineapple (with syrup), reserved cherry syrup, the apricots and water to boiling in Dutch oven, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apricots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Stir in sugar, curry powder (if used),lemon juice and cherries. Heat to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in pectin.
- 3Stir in sugar, lemon juice and cherries. Heat to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in pectin. Makes about 5 half-pints jam