Canned Pepper Jelly
This makes about 6 jars!
- 4 c
- peppers (hotter the better), cut super thin
- 1 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 box
- sure jell, yellow
- 5 c
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 8oz mason jars
How to Make Canned Pepper Jelly
- 1Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Boil cans and lids while you're making the jelly.
- 2Bring apple cider vinegar, peppers (the hotter the better we use Hungarian but bell peppers are fine) cut super thin, & butter to a boil for 3 minutes.
- 3Gradually add sure jell, and stir constantly on medium high heat for 3 minutes. Once it starts to thicken add the sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Remove jars with tongs, and pour the jelly into cans and secure the lid. After jars cool, press the center of the lid with your finger. If it springs back, it is not sealed and it must be refrigerated. If it's stiff it has been successfully sealed and does not need to be refrigerated.
*Note use latex gloves when cutting the peppers.