Canned Honey Spiced Pears Preserves
How to Make Canned Honey Spiced Pears Preserves
- Prepare jars and lids.
- Combine sugar, honey, vinegar and water in a large sauce pot. Tie spices together in a cheesecloth bag and place in sauce pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; cover; simmer ten min..
- Place pears in syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook pears on low for 3 hrs will turn bright orange when finished.
- Remove spice bag. Pack pears into hot jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Ladle syrup over jars leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove air bubbles using a nonmetallic spatula. Wipe jar rim clean. Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass. Screw band down evenly and firmly, just until a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner. Yield: about five pint jars.
- Note: To prevent pears from browning, treat peeled pears with Fruit-Fresh Fruit Protector.