Candy Apple Jelly
How to Make Candy Apple Jelly
- Prepare jars and rings.
- Measure sugar into a bowl and set aside near stove.
- Combine apple juice, red hots and pectin in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at one time. Continue to stir constantly. Add butter. Once liquid returns to a full boil, continue to cook and stir for two minutes.
- After two minutes, remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle into clean, hot jars. Wipe rims clean and place lids. Add rings and tighten to finger tip tight.
- Process for five minutes in boiling water canner. If using a steam canner, process for five minutes starting when a full plume of steam emerges from the canner.
- Remove to a clean dish towel and let rest for six hours. Check for seal and wipe clean.