We picked a good amount of blue berries not to mention the ones we ate and hurried home to prep these beauties for jam and some for muffins, bread & other surprises.
- 1 1/2 qt
- fresh or frozen (thawed not drained)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 box
- sure-jel or can-jel
- 4 c
How to Make Blueberry Jam
- 1Wash, drain on paper towels. Remove stems and crush ripe blue berries completely, one layer at a time. I use a food processor.
- 2Measure about 4 cups of crushed fruit. Add more berries if necessary.
- 3Place berries in a large, heavy kettle and stir in the lemon juice and the Sure or Can-Jel. Stir over high heat until the mixture comes to a hard boil. Immediately add the sugar and stir. Bring back to a full rolling boil; boil hard for 1 min, stirring constant.
- 4Remove from heat; skimming off foam with metal spoon. Ladle into sterilized jars leaving 1/2" head space. Seal and process in hot bath for 20 mins. covered.