- 4 c
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 3 1/2 c
- sweet cherries, coarsely chopped, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 2 pkg
- 3-oz ball realfruit liquid pectin
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened flaked coconut
- 4 Tbsp
- kirsh or cherry brandy
- 7 (8 oz) jar(s)
- (1/2 pint) glass preserving jars w/ lids and bands
How to Make Black Forest Macaroon Conserve
- 1PREPARE boiling water canner(or large pot). Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- 2COMBINE sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Set aside. Combine cherries, lemon juice and cocoa mixture in a large saucepan. Bring to a full rolling bowl that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add coconut and Kirsh, stirring well. Skim foam if necessary.
- 3LADLE hot conserve into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- 4PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.