How to Make apple butter
- peel and core all apples chop into small pieces about size of pecan pieces, place into a crock pot sprayed with pam that is on high
- combine rest of ing.Mix them well together. Now I used only a dash of salt as I have to watch my salt intake but know it is need to help preserve it. Pour over the apples in the crock pot and coat the apples well. Cover and cook for one hour. Still on high.
- Reduce heat to low, cook for 9 hours stirring every so often, more stirring as the time gets shorter cause it gets thick and may stick. Once it is dark brown and very thick (may be before the 9 hours or after each crock pot is different)
- remove lid and cook for another hour stirring often you know it is done when it is very dark brown and thick and your kitchen smells like a apple tree
- I allowed it to cool in the crock pot over night, cause it was cool in the house you may put it in a container and refigrate til cool. Yields 3 10 oz containers. I froze most and keep a small amount out