Sausage Gravy for Biscuits
I was thinking of some of our fledgling cooks out there, and this is so easy it's a good beginners dish.
I will leave the biscuits up to you, homemade or frozen, or in the tube. Because there is just 2 of us the recipie is good for 2, maybe 3 people. I usually use frozen biscuits because I can just bake as many as I want. For us that would be 3 biscuits.
2 to 3 largebiscuits, or a home made recipie for biscuits
8 ozbulk pork sausage
2 tspvegetable oil
1/3 call purpose flour
pinchsalt, or to taste
1/4 tspblack pepper, or to taste
How to Make Sausage Gravy for Biscuits
- Put biscuits of your choice in the oven to directions on the bag, or your recipie.
- In a teflon saucepan heat the oil, and crumble sausage, cook until no longer pink.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the flour all over the top, stir until well combined, and cook just for a min more to get the "floury" taste out.
- Add the milk in a little at first, stirring until smooth, then cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. If you use a spatula for this it is more efficient.
- Ladle over hot split biscuits