Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce (low fat)
1/4 call purpose flour
1 clow sodium chicken broth
2 tspolive oil
1 smallyellow onion, peeled and chopped
3/4 lbfresh mushrooms, sliced
2 clovegarlic, peeled and minced
1/2 cwhite wine
1 Tbspminced fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp. dried)
1 Tbspunsalted butter
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce (low fat)
- In a bowl, whisk flour into broth until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add onions and saute, stirring, until they begin to soften. Add mushrooms and cook until they start to brown and give up some of their liquid. Stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring so garlic doesn't burn.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Stir flour mixture into pan. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in tarragon and butter until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.