Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb
- lamb shank
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 5 clove
- garlic, crushed
- peppercorns, whole black
- 2 slice
- bacon, chopped
- 2 lb
- boneless lamb stew meat, dredged in 1/2 c. flour
- 1 small
- sweet onion, chopped
- 2 medium
- carrots ,sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 medium
- stalks celery cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 can(s)
- 15 oz. each cannellini beans, drained
- 1/4 c
- cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Middle Eastern Lamb and Bean Stew
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the lamb shank and brown on all sides. Place in slow cooker. Add chicken broth, garlic and peppercorns; cover and cook on High for 2 hours.
- 3Add bacon to same skillet in which lamb was browned and cook until crisp.
- 4Add half the stew meat to pan and brown on all sides. Add browned stew meat to slow cooker.
- 5Add onion and remaining stew meat to skillet and cook until meat is browned on all sides. add more if needed. Place remaining browned meat mixture in slow cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on high for 3 hours more.
- 7During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add carrots, celery and beans, and stir in cornstarch mixture. Before serving season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped fresh parsley , wilted celery leaves, or other herbs.