Whose Side Are You On Cranberry Sauce
When I started cooking myself one of the first holiday meals I tackles was Thanksgiving and the cranberry sauce was my highest priority to investigate and make my own. Over the years I have developed this easy cranberry sauce that is a continual crowd pleaser and has made its way into a specialty dessert of mine; Lemon cranberry Cake.
- 2 pkg
- fresh cranberries, 12 oz each
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- orange juice, fresh
How to Make Whose Side Are You On Cranberry Sauce
- 1Rinse and pick over the cranberries to make sure you don’t have any bad ones.
- 2Peel, core and chop the apples and pears.
- 3Finely grate the lemon peel and then juice the lemon.
- 4Place all the ingredients in a large enamel pot and cook over low/medium heat for about 45 minutes stirring every few minutes. The berries will pop and the sauce will thicken slightly.
- 5Remove from the heat and chill. The sauce will be very thick when chilled.
- 6That's it, that’s all you have to do to make a super delicious homemade cranberry sauce!